brake question

i just finished up my 5-lug conversion and drove the car for the first time about an hour ago. I went with front and brakes off a 2000 gt. everything is together and working, but i know something is not right. i used a 94-95 m/c and the 2-3 port conversion with a wilwood prop valve and gutted the stock one. the problem is the pedal is way too hard, its like i dont have enough vacuum for the brakes and the pedal gets hard. i know guys get away with running the stock booster with great results, i dont mind swapping in the larger unit, but i think i have another problem to fix first. any help would be awesome. also, i sure vacuum isnt the problem, because the pedal feels the same at idle or reved-up. thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

sorry, i re-read my post and i didnt finish my sentence, front and rear brakes are off the 2000 gt, so its disc all around. the 94-95 m/c has a larger bore than the 93 cobra unit so it should work just fine. i know the larger the bore on the m/c the stiffer the pedal is, but its not a matter of a stiff pedal as much as it gets hard and just doesnt stop. thanks for the replies!!

the pedal feel is consistant no matter how long the car is driven. the initial touch of the pedal feels normal, then it gets hard and doesnt want to stop. i know upgrading the booster will help, but i dont think that is the problem. i could be wrong though.