Brake upgrade

__Z__

Nov 18, 2004
North Carolina
Ok who would yall recomend for gettin new rotors and pads.. wanting to go with slotted rotors and not sure on pads.. and where can i order em from and what price.. tryin to stay in the size that will work with the factory rims so plz take that into consideration when informing me... i have a 01 cobra vert.. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I would try tire rack. I got my stuff from them. just brembo replacements, and hawk hps pads. stainless lines going on monday maybe. much better feel so far. I would get them again. for all 4 rotors and pads 458 shipped??? slotted will probably be higher, but that is a good place to read up on differences in products, and compare. good luck

Have heard that slotted, non drilled rotorsthe best for track usr as they arent as prone to cracking. Good rotors pads and stainless really make the 99-01 stop better. Put in the 600 degre wilwood brake fluid and your ready for track duty. Now if you dont abuse your car on the track youll have much better performance than stock and the parts will last a long time. Stay away from ceramic pads as they are said to really wear on rotors. :nice:

they would only dissapate heat faster. that is the major concern in track racing, I bet. street, some strip, I doubt you would notice the difference. But I haven't had slotted ones before, so i'm not an expert. mine work fine for me and I drive like a maniac most of the time. no slop at high speeds anymore. good luck

Drilled rotors cracking are a thing of the past now. You will not crack them just daily driving, and they should actually dissapate heat better than slotted.

I drive my Cobra back and forth to work 53 miles each way every day......no cracked rotors.