brakes squeeling

HazMat404

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
alright....my back left brake is squeeling. the pads look fine and the rotor looks decent (just cleaned both sides and they were new about a year and a half ago). it squeels when i am stopping (not too bad) but when i start up and let out the clutch, i hear that brake rubbing pretty bad.

now what should i check/clean back there to make this stop?? should i get my rotor's turned?? im just sick of it but dont know what else to do to fix it

• Sponsors (?)

Perhaps your hardware is rusted/dry and sticking. The caliper has to be able to float side to side over that caliper to evenly apply pressure to both sides. Often the slides get corroded and stick. This could be your problem especially if it's sticking when you are just getting going.

Rick

take off the wheel, and the brake pads, and the rotor, then use very fine sand paper on the pads, and use some Brakeleen on the rotor, blow off w/ a compressor or something, and apply some Squeak Relief product to the entire rotor, inside and out... the reasemble, and the squeak should be completely gone... I swear by that stuff... never had a problem w/ it either... lasts about 10K miles before mine start to squeak again...

so you think i need to go in and do some maintence on my rear caliper that is making the noise?? i got a haynes so it would be an easy step by step. just dont want to have to go through all that. ill try that aint sqeak stuff. i already cleaned off the rotor on both sides and cleaned the pads off with some brake cleaner. ill try some of that anti-squeak and ill let ya know how it goes. thanx