Brakes w/o booster?

• Sponsors (?)

I think the idea is that you have a seperate bore for the front and the rear so that will reduce overall pedal effort meaning you don't NEED the power booster to push disc brakes around. I like to have a giant MC bore to ensure enough presure in the lines but that means you NEED the booster. Right now I don't have a booster in my 67 and that pedal takes a LOT of effort to make the car stop but when I really get on it I can slow that car down quite fast.

I have that brake master cylinder

My 68 started out with manual drum brakes. It now has 4 wheel disc. I put in a power brake booster/mc from rod & custom motorsports that could be used with the original manual pedal. I found it difficult to adjust, had no road feel and switched to the jmc dual manual mc shown in the link. It does require more effort than power, but less than the stock dual-bowl/same cylinder stock systems. I like it - a lot. Great feel.

Kent

http://www.cncbrakes.com/sra.asp?grp=sra&subgrp=d&series=240&subseries=

NPD has them in the catalog. Says that you don't need a power brake booster?
I like the dual cylinder bias adjustability, but exactly why is a booster not needed? :shrug: Will I need half the pedal pressure of an unassisted setup?

if you have certain pedal pressure, and want half of it you would have to push the pedal twice of the distance to achieve the same braking force at the slave cylinders. It is therefore necessary that this setup must have longer brake arm, compared to the same one with power booster, to generate same braking force under same pressure on the brake pedal. Two MC just look unusual and I would say are useless unless you are exceptionally scary about your brakes failure.

Seems that those setups are more for road course, etc.. They are similar to a Tilton or Wilwood setup. I think the main advantage when used in that application is increased brake feedback. But I may be talking out my A$$.