Broke my wheel stud how do I get old one out?

1qckFOX

Jan 1, 2004
I broke my wheel stud off anyone know how i get the old one out?

brokenstud2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

all you have to do is hammer out the old stud, position the wheel in a spot where you can put the new stud in the hole, when you get the stud in the hole, I just put on the lug and tighten, do that about 4 or 5 times, this is just the method I use, others may have others.

mustangman33 said:
all you have to do is hammer out the old stud, position the wheel in a spot where you can put the new stud in the hole, when you get the stud in the hole, I just put on the lug and tighten, do that about 4 or 5 times, this is just the method I use, others may have others.

Thats deffinitly the easiest and fastest way to do it.. You can also put a bunch of washers on before the lug nut and then tighten it.. You'll only have to do it one time, but either way is good

HO93LX302 said:
Thats deffinitly the easiest and fastest way to do it.. You can also put a bunch of washers on before the lug nut and then tighten it.. You'll only have to do it one time, but either way is good

Yep, that works. I would, however, use an old or spare lug for doing this. You will be stretching the heck out of the threads on the lug. Lug nuts are made of softer steel than the studs.