brokerage fees? ca

robertdeuce

Jul 10, 2011
i just placed an order for a complete headers back setup and i was wondering if there will be any brokerage fees for the weight? i've ordered stuff in the past and there were 30-40 dollar brokerage fees. do they go by weight or price?

i'll be pissed if there crazy fee.

stuff is being shipped from us to me in canada!

• Sponsors (?)

dude, PM me if ya have any questions, I have made over 300+ transactions cross border.

But to answer your immediate question, yes, If it is being shipped by anything other than US POSTAL (Canada Post when it comes across) you WILL pay a brokerage fee plus any applicable taxes from the province you live in based on the value of the goods, unless you pay for a courier service that includes the customs entry fee (really expensive shipping) - but you still pay taxes, or buy from a site that has arrangements made to have the fees included in the total cost (most don't - summit, jegs etc etc).

Canada Post will charge you a $5 handling fee (customs fee) plus taxes. UPS is the biggest pirate of them all, they gouge us Canadians hard on brokerage fees if the value is anything over $20! Their complete list of fees is available on their site, or call them directly.

I had a $50 package of valve locks sent to my house from summit by UPS last week and it quickly turned into a $76 package.....that doesn't even include the shipping cost. :notnice:

So your good deal turns to chit real quick!