bullits...17x8 or 17x9????

• Sponsors (?)

hmmm, just because on discounttiresdirect.com or wahtever, they list the stock tires as 245s, but then an optional 275 tire for the 17" wheels(bullits)

will 275s be safe on bullits (Stock bullits)

also if i put 245s on it coming from 245/50/16s, what is a good aspect ratio to go with on the 17s? 245/40/17, 245/45/17??????? i dont want the tires to be much bigger than the 16s with the 245/50/16s that i have right now

OK, now that is a different question. Essentially what you are saying is you want your tire/wheel height to be the same with the new rims as it will be with the old ones.

generally, with the 17 inch rims, guys go with 245/45/17 or 275/40/17. In your case you may have to go with a 245/40/17. Call TireRack as ask one of their sales guys...they can definately tell you.

BAFMustangGT said:
275 Is Safe...get it...

I would have to say that most tire manufacturers would not agree with you. I can't say I have checked all of them but, every one I have seen the specs for call for a 9" rim minimum for a 275. Even Nitto which most people will agree usually run narrow call for a 9" rim minimum for a 275.

BAFMustangGT said:
THey say its not, but it is...

Hmmm and how do you know this? Are you assuming that because nothing has happened to you or a buddy running them that it must be ok? The manufacturer's don't just make up the specs, there is engineering and testing behind it.

Not only does it affect the performance and safety of the tires, putting them on a rim narrower than specified will void any warranty you have on the tires.

I notice from your sig that you drag race. Well, believe it or not some of us like to turn a corner every now and then. By pinching the tires to fit them on a rim that is too narrow the sidewalls are seriously compromised affecting how well the car will corner.