Bumper Cover

french2812

Oct 12, 2006
Olympia, WA
Due to an unfortunate incident with a boat trailer, I have to replace my rear bumper cover. I thinking of upgrading it to a California Special style. Has anyone done this conversion? Any issue? My body shop thinks the exhaust may not match up. I have an aftermartket catback Magnaflow. Also the price is about twice the GT replacement. Anyone know of a good bargain for the CS?
Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

From what I've seen the mufflers should fit providing they are one straight as it is a straight up replacement part, the only thing that differs is the diffuser looking style at the bottom. Those usually hover around 350 bucks or so and that's without paint. Anywhere you go you'll probably be quoted along those lines for one. I suggest you shop around if you want to get a good deal. I'll be doing the same and painting the thing GT500 style but I figured that the best deal I'll get at a dealership that is having some kind of parts special. Factor in price of the bumper + 8.25% sales tax - 10-15% discount on parts or so and you're getting the bumper for about 300 bucks and not have to worry about shipping damage etc. etc.

Paint on the other hand will be the issue at that point but then again shop around.

Due to an unfortunate incident with a boat trailer, I have to replace my rear bumper cover. I thinking of upgrading it to a California Special style. Has anyone done this conversion? Any issue? My body shop thinks the exhaust may not match up. I have an aftermartket catback Magnaflow. Also the price is about twice the GT replacement. Anyone know of a good bargain for the CS?
Thanks!!

I did the conversion, no issues whatsoever. Everything lined right up.

View attachment 309978

View attachment 309979

Update here! I found the CS bumper cover in the Ford Accessories online catalog for 355 delivered to the dealer. It was initially on backorder, but when I called to order, I lucked into a dealer 20% off deal and got it for $284 plus tax. Photos when done!