bumpsteer unsafe???

ffr66cobra

Dec 18, 2004
Unfortunately my 01 was hit last week by some girl driver w/ her license for 2 days :bang: So anyhow, i had just done all my suspension work about a month ago..... So i stop by the body shop on Saturday, and the owner of the shop goes off on a tangent saying how the bumpsteer kit is SOOOO unsafe, and he doesn't understand why people make modifications to their cars. Actually his statement was, "I dont' understand why people do these things with their cars. If you want a car that perfoms better, then why not just buy a better car?? Ford puts millions of $$$$ into research on their vehicles, and then you go buy something that somebody made in their basement on a C&C machine" :bs: Perhaps everybody that works their car to a 12s 1/4 should spend the extra money for a McLaren F1?? Anyhow his main point was that "HE" wouldnt' trust a bumpsteer kit for safety reasons. (the bolt on mine was bent on impact).. Any body EVER had any issues with theirs?? I can't see this being the case at all, judging by the actual pressure required to turn the wheels and the size of the 5/8" bolt, but just curious.

• Sponsors (?)

ffr66cobra said:
Unfortunately my 01 was hit last week by some girl driver w/ her license for 2 days :bang: So anyhow, i had just done all my suspension work about a month ago..... So i stop by the body shop on Saturday, and the owner of the shop goes off on a tangent saying how the bumpsteer kit is SOOOO unsafe, and he doesn't understand why people make modifications to their cars. Actually his statement was, "I dont' understand why people do these things with their cars. If you want a car that perfoms better, then why not just buy a better car?? Ford puts millions of $$$$ into research on their vehicles, and then you go buy something that somebody made in their basement on a C&C machine" :bs: Perhaps everybody that works their car to a 12s 1/4 should spend the extra money for a McLaren F1?? Anyhow his main point was that "HE" wouldnt' trust a bumpsteer kit for safety reasons. (the bolt on mine was bent on impact).. Any body EVER had any issues with theirs?? I can't see this being the case at all, judging by the actual pressure required to turn the wheels and the size of the 5/8" bolt, but just curious.
huh? sounds like my grandpa :shrug: Sounds to me like a guy that doesn't know **** about suspension at all. He just wants it to be stock so he can do it by the book. If there is aftermarket on it, he has to have brains to know how to do it differently. Sounds like an idjit to me