Buying a Throttle Body.....opinions.....

1Slow90coupe

Oct 18, 2005
I am going to buy a throttle body and egr spacer for my car. I just got a new TFS Street upper/lower. I was thinking a 70MM would be right for me, and am looking at all the brands available. BBK, Edelbrock, Accufab, Professional Products. I see the P/P ones are a lot cheaper. Does anyone have experience with these?

Advice....

• Sponsors (?)

I've had the BBK and PP...no issues with either aside from the common TB whistle from both. 70mm will be fine unless your running some heavy duty product on that motor...big boost..big displacment type thing.

i run a 70mm PP TB, looks good and works great with no problems. it has the fabled whistle everyone always says. lot of people hate, it but i personally like the whistle. sort of a cool sound.

Go 75mm if youre going to upgrade. The TFS has a 75mm opening so you match that opening to the size of the tb. Been there/done that, drove great! I dont think that at your level a tb is even needed though BUT if you must swap, 75 is the ticket.

The 65mm would be plenty, I have read of sluggish throttle responce (slight) when you get a TB thats too big for your engine. But the intake has a75mm opening as i remember and you don't want to create turbulance in the intake track so thats what I would prolly get.

The 65mm would be plenty, I have read of sluggish throttle responce (slight) when you get a TB thats too big for your engine. But the intake has a75mm opening as i remember and you don't want to create turbulance in the intake track so thats what I would prolly get.

I like the idea of a 65mm too, not sure if you can still get them from Ford Racing anymore.