C&L MAFS---Power gain?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I got it in today with the tube. Though the tube was a bit short, I decided to use it anyways. I can't really say that I felt that much of a difference but I know it is something that'll help out in the long run. Since we're on the subject of intakes, I'm running an old Cartech 5.0 upper(breadbox) and still using the stock lower. Now I did feel a difference when I put just the upper on and it did pull a lot a better after 4k or so. I do have a heavily ported stock lower but I was concerned about the port openings being bigger than my stock heads. Should I go ahead and throw it on even if the ports are a little bigger than my heads? :shrug:

I can honestly say I felt quite a difference with just the upper. I know short runner intakes are better for larger engines, but the car does pull a lot better at the top end. I'm sure it was worth more than .10th/sec. My best time of 13.65 was with the stock upper and I'm waiting for a chance for the weather to clear so I can go to the track and get some updated numbers with my upper and MAF installed.