C6 Kickdown

my72mach1

Feb 17, 2007
I had a rebuilt C6 installed and the guy at the shop told me I still need to add a kickdown bracket before it will downshift. I know nothing about transmissions, so if anyone could educate me on what this bracket looks like and where I could get one would be a great help. I believe I can see where it is missing by looking under the car from the driver's side. Pics would be great too! Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

if its anything like my C4, there's a cable that attaches to the bottom of the accelerator pedal shaft that links to a bracket or controll arm thats poking out the side of the trans that's right below your gear selector. if your shorten or lengthen the cable, its adjusts when it will kickdown.

when you say downshift do you mean "kickdown" just trying to clarify :)

just buy the Lokar kickdown kit. There are pictures on their site, but think of it like this: There is a bracket on your carb, there is another bracket on your tranny where the shift linkage hooks up. When you "gas it" or "kick down", a big metal arm (or cable in the case of Lokar kit) forces your tranny to down shift. Got it?

What year car are you talking about? 67/68 are different than 69 or 70.

68:

kickdown-68-cable.jpg

IM002519.jpg

69:

kickdown-69-70-linkage.jpg

Mike