CALL ME CRAZY!!! SHO in MII?

I was looking on ebay bored and ran across some SHO Taurus's, Im pondering if its possible to get a tranmission that could be used for rear wheel drive on the 3.2-3.4L V8 SHO motor (hopefully a manual)... Out of curiosity would one of these motors work in a MII? I always liked the intake on them, and thought it would be something different to see in a MII, if its possible I could try doing it. I was always one to try something different! And my Cobra does need a new engine...

FYI: My mom also has the 1998 24V DOHC V6 Taurus and it picks up that 4dr pretty quick, I can only imagine what a perfectly tuned V8 is like in a little MII.

Chris

1976 Cobra II
1971 Mustang Cpe.
1976 Mach 1

• Sponsors (?)

1WildII said:
What about the V6 then? Like the Duratec one thats in my mom's Taurus, If you change the shift points the thing would be pretty quick. Anyway to make it work and still be RWD?

Chris

Aren't the FWD and RWD engines require different mounting of the bellhousing? Something like they come from different familys or something along that line?

-MAttie

If you use the 3.0 V6 SHO motor which is the one used in the 5spd cars, 3.2 is in the Automatic, you can mate it to the bellhousing out of an Aerostar (3.0 of course) and then in turn mate that to a T-5. Check out SHOtimes.com website there is some general info about the installation and a very sweet Cobra Kit car called the SHObra, that has the SHO motor in it. I pondered this swap for a long time myself. But I decided to trade my SHO in on a Ranger. Just remember one thing, If you get into any SHO motor Maintenance is expensive. So be prepared. Trust me this is one area Mustang II's are cheaper. But I'd still like to pull that swap off