Calling all S.C.U.M.

i'm in. if we do a tech then maybe i'll take out my prochamber and put the stock mid pipe back in. although i'm a little reluctant to do that incase i end up keeping the stang. i guess i'll decide when the time gets closer.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes Fred, :(
They suck! :notnice:
They are not NHRA legal either because they are not sealed and they do not vent outside, and they are not held down very secure at all.
With a hatch like yours, I think you will want to be sure to vent outside, and have something that is not going to become a projectile in an accident.
I would get the Taylor Kit, way better. :nice:
That Summit one is actually ment for boats. I had one.

The plastic box is better than nothing. I'm using one in my car, but then again I have a separate trunk, not a hatch.

The techs at Qualcomm have always accepted it, but now they're enforcing the cut-off switch rule :(

Thanks..

L8 MUSL said:
Yes Fred, :(
They suck! :notnice:
They are not NHRA legal either because they are not sealed and they do not vent outside, and they are not held down very secure at all.
With a hatch like yours, I think you will want to be sure to vent outside, and have something that is not going to become a projectile in an accident.
I would get the Taylor Kit, way better. :nice:
That Summit one is actually ment for boats. I had one.

Bill, I appriciate the heads up on the Summit unit :nice:
I will get another relocation kit. I hear that Morroso makes one that is NHRA legal.

Fred :flag:

YELLOW42RCODE said:
Bill, I appriciate the heads up on the Summit unit :nice:
I will get another relocation kit. I hear that Morroso makes one that is NHRA legal.

Fred :flag:

Yeah, actually I did use the Morroso Shut off switch and bought the cable and connectors from Escondido battery supply, then I used the Taylor box. It is aluminium and is real solid and mounts with 5/8 threded stock and has a vent tube that you can run down and out of the car.
I think the Morroso one is plastic as well but much more solid then the Summit one and is vented also.

If it were in a trunk and you rigged up your own mounting bracket I wouldn't worry so much but to have it inside the car with you :nonono:

GroverDill said:
Well poop my new blower bracket wont be here till the mid to end of the month.

I would still like to attend if the wife is not working.

Who is going to the car show in Cbad on the 21st?

I am going to the show provided the weather is good. Already registered for it. I just need to know the location in Crlsbad now.