Camber at -1.25 after c springs and struts, is this ok?

JimTMich

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan
04 GT recently installed KYB AGX Struts ans Shocks and Ford Racing C springs. I took it in for an allignment and the camber was at -2.5, they were able to get it to -1.25 by playing with slop in the strut mounting bolts and the adjustment up top. Stock is supposed tobe -0.5, cobra -7/8. So is -1.25 going to be ok or do I need CC plates? In my 95 gt I kept wareing out the outside of the tires so I was thinking a little negative camber would be ok. But I've never goofed around with this so I want some experienced help. The ASE certified mechanic said to give it a try for a while and see how the tires looked.
TIA
Jim

• Sponsors (?)

1.25 is good if you do any aggressive cornering at all. I'm guessing your alignment guy had to drill out the rivets in the CC plates to get you that 1 degree better camber. Even if you leave the camber at 1.25 degrees I would still consider CC plates. It helps a lot to put lots of caster in the Mustangs too when blasting the curves. :nice:

After I installed my C springs they couldn't get my camber inside -1.5* on both sides.

I bought some $30 camber bolts from NAPA. Now my camber sits at -.7* on both sides.

If it bothers you at all just go grab some, easy install and cheap to boot.