Camber Eccentric Kit Preference

ohyaa

May 27, 2004
Henderson, NV
I'm in the market for a camber eccentric eliminator kit for my 67. Looking at the Global West, Total Control, Pro Motorsports, Opentracker, etc. Anyone have any experience with any of them? They all basically do the same thing. One better than another?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I think I used the Total Control units, but if you buy the Opentracker style from Daze Cars, its a bit cheaper:

http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/test#5

One other thing that often is neglected is the flimsy, lower, under engine crossmember. Many folks use export braces and Monte Carlo bars to address the flex in the upper portion of the engine compartment, but seem to forget about the lowewr portion. There are several units that connect the lower control arms to each other. I went with with this one from Deltabay (scroll down to DB603 to view a picture):

http://www.deltabaymustang.com/high.htm

When I put this crossmember AND camber lock-outs on, I had to buy additional Grade 8 bolts at the correct length to install and used an extra nut (for a spacer) between the plate and the crossmember mount. A little futzing around, but believe me, with the Monte Carlo bar, Export Brace and the crossmember, it really stiffened everything up quite nicely and perfect alignment is locked in!
HTH,
Gene

Thanks blkfrd. Let me check if the parts would for the 65-66 kit would work with my 67. Sent you a PM too. Do you have a picture or write-up for what you did with your lower arms? Sounds interesting.
I have had the camber slip a couple of time already and can't afford to keep replacing tires. Just did some close alignment at home with a digital level to verify the camber. Just in the last week had a degree of change on one side and close to a half degree on the other side. Once I get the eccentric eliminators then will do a full home alignment.

ohyaa,
Hey, I just noticed you live here in Vegas. It would be a pleasure to get together and lend a hand if you need it. I work for pizza & beer! If you need shop stuff, I live near the airport, Trop & Eastern area. PM me to swap phone numbers if you like.
Gene