CAMS need help

Ok guys need some of your wise input. Ive got several things planned for the stang. Now Ive heard PI cams can help the 96-98 GT's but the question is which cam do i need/want? Im stayin N/A and i want it to pull all throughout the powerband, but mainly in the lower and mid ranges the most. So what do you guys suggest? Im reseearching online now so your input will greatly be appreciated. Thank you guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Usually going with cams you lose bottem end power. Our cars shine in the higer rpms. When your racing, you don't see anything less than 3200 rpms anyway. If your adding pi heads. You might as well buy a set thats been worked over. Don't bother going with pi cams. Get some aftermarket ones. Trying to modify your car for lower to mid rpms is pretty much a waste. 3000 is when 4.6 really wake up.

Hope this helps some

True. I guess when i get my gears i wont be worried about bottum end so much. I love low end torque because i dont really like to rev my car or beat on it and it cruises nice from the lights keepin it under 3500. Of course you have the PI heads so you make more up top where i start to drop off. Do you suggest which aftermarket cam to go with and the durration/lift and waht not. Im still learning about Cams. Thanks

one of the two i personally would go with are either vt cams or comp cams. i have comp cams in my car with a blower and saw an additional 45 or so hp from them on a conservative tune. comp claims 30 hp on a n/a setup.

oh and by the way with exhaust they sound awesome on a 2 valve