CAMS! VT Stage 1 or CompCams 262s

Well thanks for the info :nice: ... Iam thinking of doing it myself, BUT.... I lost a good friend of mine that would be showing me how to do this so iam pretty sure i wont be able to do it alone.. is there anyone in the seattle area willing to help or know how??
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

yea but my heads were done by one of the best guys in modular motors. I have yet to see any other PI swap that has made that much hp with that little done. I also have a the usual bolt ons too.

^ But I know that your not going to hold 300RWHP from 3500RPM-5500RPM like you said LOL...totally not possible but im sure it was a typo. 5000 and up I can believe....and nice #s reguardless.

2nd thing is I run VT stg 1 cams on stock valve springs....been that way since 24K miles. Im @ 66K right now.

Thread starter, my car made 292RWHP/308RWTQ with the stock heads and all the boltons N/A. So with your heads, and higher compression....you should easily go over 300. If you want to know how to install the cams by simply popping the valve covers, do a search in the tech for "installing VT cams" and about 3 pages back you will see my thread. Walks you right through it. Although I recommend changing the springs and dial (degree) the cams in....its not needed with the stg 1s

Thanks, but will that get my to 300rwhp?(with a tune) Plus I heard you dont need new springs with the vt stage 1 cams, but with the compcams 262 you do.

VT recommends that you don't, but it's still a good idea and well worth the extra effort to swap out the springs now, then later.

As for the HP goal, I have VT Stage 1's, CompCam beehive springs, Steeda pullies, BBK LT's and catted X, Magnaflow CB and my GT belted out 284rwhp and 298rwtq. I'm swappping the plenum, TB and doing a CAI when I get back to states, which should put me at 300rwhp :nice:

I think because of that mag test of crower cams on a bullet. Gained like 20HP but lost 15RWTQ. It wasnt a good improvement...I think that turned everyone away. Thats what did it for me anyways, although they may have improved the design, that still sticks in my head.

My TQ #s were right with stock cam torque #s. 308RWTQ with the VT stg 1s.

i have the 262s with stock springs.. i love the power band change.. i could not justify the cost of heads as well for stage 2 cams when i could get some nice quad cams for less....

stage one is perfeect if you drive your car a lot or are going to put a blower on it... i got mine DIIIIRT cheap too.. my wife thinks differently, but i had my dyno tune.speed calibrated (wasnt done when i got the 4.10s put in) my ful lenghts welded in, and the cams purchased and instaled all for like 1150 i think.... prety much the cams were free if you know what all that labor and tuning usually costs....

300 at the wheels is an aweful lot for stage one cams unles you have a really good port polish and long tubes and an aggresive tune... my tune is pretty mild. my numbers are in sig/.

i have the 262s with stock springs.. i love the power band change.. i could not justify the cost of heads as well for stage 2 cams when i could get some nice quad cams for less....

stage one is perfeect if you drive your car a lot or are going to put a blower on it... i got mine DIIIIRT cheap too.. my wife thinks differently, but i had my dyno tune.speed calibrated (wasnt done when i got the 4.10s put in) my ful lenghts welded in, and the cams purchased and instaled all for like 1150 i think.... prety much the cams were free if you know what all that labor and tuning usually costs....

300 at the wheels is an aweful lot for stage one cams unles you have a really good port polish and long tubes and an aggresive tune... my tune is pretty mild. my numbers are in sig/.

265 rwhp (305 at the crank) seems kind of low to me. Thats what I'm hopeing I have now with my mods. Most people are at 280+ with stage one cams. What kind of tune do you have. Is it 93 or still 87?

I'm at 233rwhp right now with all bolt-ons a canned tune, and no headers(NON-PI heads). I'm getting ready to buy a set of bbk LT with the new set of VT stage 1 cams. Stock pi heads and intake will give my car around 40+rwhp IF installed them now that would put me at 273hp. You dont think with LT headers, P&P heads, Stage 1 cams, and a new tune I'm going to be under 300rwhp?

sorry for the delay.... my tune was to 87 octane, but i run 89 or 91... car runs MUCH MUCH better... shorty headers are not installed yet and not sure what to do with throttle body since i have been hoping one of these days to get the green flag for a kenne bell......