Can I cut this?????

wht87gt

Mar 16, 2003
Oxford, MA
The part that I circled is where the tensioner used go. I deleted the A/C and the tensioner is on the other side of the motor now. As you can see I started cleaning up the bracket and that part looks like crap without the tensioner there anymore. So, my question is, can I cut that part of the bracket off without doing any structural damage?

View attachment 401299

• Sponsors (?)

But wouldn't the tensioner be in the same spot even if the car didn't have A/C from the factory? Doesn't the power steering pump just move up into the spot were the A/C would be? I'm not sure an alt bracket from a non A/C car will be any different. But please correct me if I'm wrong. Anybody have a pics of factory non A/C engines?

Sorry, I probably could've worded that a little better. What I meant to say is, I deleted the A/C. The delete kit I used moved the tensioner over to the other side of the engine. So now the original spot for the tensioner is empty and thats the part I want to cut off.

Yes, you could cut it, but it would look like butt. I wouldn't cut too much off it though. You still need to retain some structure. In fact, don't cut it at all. A better idea is a custom accessory bracket kit.

Thanks again guys, I think I'm just going to leave it as is for now. I just want to get the car back on the road. I haven't driven the damn thing in 2 years. Mortgage payments and other bills have killed me financially and I haven't had the money to get it all back together and on the road until now. So it's just going to stay the way it is, at least I'll be able to drive it.