Can I put a 88 short block in a 94 Gt?

voodoo

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
Pensacola, Fl
I just bought a very very clean short block. It came from a 88 LX 5.0 that was a 1 owner car with 80,000 miles. You can see the hone marks from the factory!
I was going to do a 2.3 to 5.0 swap in my 90 LX but I figured if I could put this thing in my 94 then I could use that engine for the 90. So can I use it for the 94 GT? It seems like a stupid question to me but I wanted to ask anyway. Thanks for any info
Cory :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The guy I bought it from bought a 351 crate motor. The heads came with it but I'll be changing those. It came with a brand new waterpump, oil pan, and timing cover and balancer. All brand new from the crate engine. He said all of them were for an explorer. I'll give these away for free if you or anyone you know needs them. Thanks for the info. I figure I can put this in and it will be alot stronger than my current 146,000 mile motor.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be getting a different cam, prob a b303 from my parts guy he sells them for 182.00 shipped. Anyone know where I can get some better than stock heads for cheap or a 94-95 cobra intake. anyway thanks for all the help.

HairyCanary said:
The shortblock itself is no different. You'll need to use the front accessory brackets from the 94/95, as well as the distributor. But that's not part of the shortblock anyway :D

Dave

thanks ! I always wondered about that.. now I know (and knowing is half the battle.. haha)... :nice: