Can i reuse my tpms sensors?

Hey guys im new to the forums so im sorry if this has been a topic before but I was wondering if I can reuse my stock tpms on a set of aftermarket rims. I have a '12 gt and its a little more difficult to find out strait forward info and most the performance shops I call havent worked on any. Any comments will be welcomed. Thanks For looking!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys im new to the forums so im sorry if this has been a topic before but I was wondering if I can reuse my stock tpms on a set of aftermarket rims. I have a '12 gt and its a little more difficult to find out strait forward info and most the performance shops I call havent worked on any. Any comments will be welcomed. Thanks For looking!

Yep... you can reuse them. Just get new valve stems from your Ford dealer, the regular valve stems wouldn't work (according to the tire shop that installed my aftermarket rims).

Just a note though, because I was worried about this too...if you plan on running a winter setup and a summer setup, switching back and forth will require taking the TPMS sensors out each time and it would be easier to get the 2nd set of sensors now, and then each set will not need to be disassembled each season.