can i run high 13's?

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
i know i know....take it to the track and find out for myself :rolleyes: . which i plan on doing this summer. just out of curiousity tho, do you guys think that my car is capable of running maybe a 13.8 or so?

what little mods i have on my 95, here they are:

fms 4.10s
pullies
mac headers
catless x
spintechs
hypertech chip
cai
centerforce II
msd coil
9mm wire
subframes

• Sponsors (?)

don't think so especially if its an automatic but if its a manual tranny with some drag radials you may hit high 13's if you know how to shift and launch but a 100-125 shot nitrous kit will put you there in an automatic or manual.

If it's a 5-speed.... can you drive? :) BTW - not trying to be rude here. I just have a friend that runs a half second slower than he should. His dad weighs a LOT more than him and can kill his timeslip in his car. :lol:

If it's a 5-speed.... can you drive? :) BTW - not trying to be rude here. I just have a friend that runs a half second slower than he should. His dad weighs a LOT more than him and can kill his timeslip in his car. :lol:

lol no offense taken. yea i can drive but im no pro. which would def reflect my times

you've got a few more "major" mods than i do. im going to have trouble seeing 13's im afraid

You have a couple more things than I do...I have catback, hpipe, 14* timing and musterd a 13.9@100 (on almost bald stock 04 gt tires 245/45/17's) as in my sig. I don't claim to be a great driver but given decent track it's definately do able. Next up for myself is dr's which i just got to pick up and some gears eventually, like everybody the list grows from there lol

yes, it was an AODE when it got it and i've just missed being in a 5 speed so did the swap....was not difficult to do at all, would have been easier if I had somebody helping me....something for you to consider if you have a place to work on the car for a weekend or so. BTW, how do you like your e-cam? I have one in the garage but want to wait for atleast an intake. Was your car stock when you got it and then you did the cam...if so did you notice a difference? sorry for the questions :)

You have a couple more things than I do...I have catback, hpipe, 14* timing and musterd a 13.9@100 (on almost bald stock 04 gt tires 245/45/17's) as in my sig. I don't claim to be a great driver but given decent track it's definately do able. Next up for myself is dr's which i just got to pick up and some gears eventually, like everybody the list grows from there lol

wow. nice time. maybe i can run high 13s?

I don't see why not like I said above....might not be the first time out but atleast you set a realistic goal for youself and you can go on from there. Post up wheneven you do make it out, i'm torn on 4.10's and 3.73's...how do you like them?

i drive a accord everyday and the stang on occasional weekends. with that said, i LOVE the 4.10s . if it were a DD tho, i wouldnt want to go over 3.73s. the 4.10s are really fun tho.

I got the e-cam in the motor when I had to replace mine. Honestly it sucks as it sits now. With stock gears, intake and everything it sucks....

It has no low-end but pulls hard up-top. With better flowing parts I think it would definitely be really nice. The idle is alittle choppy but not terrible. If I had gears I think I would like this cam a lot more.

I may go 4.10's. This is my daily but the longest trips I make is around 10 miles tops.

I hit a 14.5 with a pretty much stock GT.

With gears and drag radials im pretty sure Ill hit high 13's.

I would think you could do it with all the stuff you have.

All i have was straight pipes (no cats or muffs), 1.7 RR's, CAI, and little things like an MSD coil, etc.