can you upgrade your A/C?

I live in Louisiana and it is hot and humid here. I would love to get a icy a/c with bigger blower on it. It takes 15 minutes for my car to cool off after sitting all day.

Is there a company who sells upgrades or systems to upgrade our car's stock A/C system?

• Sponsors (?)

I live in Opelousas, LA and would also LOVE an A/C upgrade. I cant even breath good when getting in my car after it has been sitting while Im at work.

OT: I was in BR a few weeks ago and plan on going back next weekend.

GRGT1994 said:
You tried recharging your system?
My system was evacuated, vaccumed, and recharged when i got my car. About 6 months ago. It gets so hot down here once the air comes out of the vent it it made to room temperature. At night I cant keep it on high for long cause it will make me too cold. During the day I put it on max and turn it up to 4 and I am sweating.

The Green GT said:
I did that when I first got it. Before and after it was recharges. ~55*
But that was in late december when the temp was around 75*
That's not good. A shop actually let the car go with it performing so horribly?

HISSIN50 said:
That's not good. A shop actually let the car go with it performing so horribly?

That is perfectly normal. Your a/c output should be anywhere from 19-26* cooler than the air coming in. That is the critical factor to remember. The a/c system can only cool what's coming in, and if it's 100* out, the air blowing out the vents should be about 75-80*.

Another thing to remember is that as you increase the CFM of air across the evaporator, the temp of the air coming out of the vents increases.

You obviously need to try to keep the car cooler while it's parked. Window tint + sun shade + windows cracked a tiny bit should help a lot. Find some shade if you can too.

Have you checked the condensor to see if the fins are all smashed? How hot does your car run (coolant temp wise).
Scott

95Vert said:
I'm going to say that's pretty common with mustangs. When the a/c worked on my previous mustangs, it was f***in cold in the late afternoon and at night, but I would still be hot during the day.

in accord w/ mo-dingo, i agree. all mustangs i've been in have been this way.

mo_dingo said:
That is perfectly normal. Your a/c output should be anywhere from 19-26* cooler than the air coming in. That is the critical factor to remember. The a/c system can only cool what's coming in, and if it's 100* out, the air blowing out the vents should be about 75-80*.
Scott, nice try but you can't pull my leg that easily. :)

So the thermometer in your vent has been reading 80-85*F lately? That's gotta be miserable.

SeventyMach1 said:
That does sound a little warm, lol.
Yep. I might be wrong but I think there was some confusion (regarding condensor and evap temps, and their relationship to vent temps). ;)

Yeah I think you got the condesor and evap temp delta's wrong... but regardless... tint those windows.. huge difference.... and check the charge too... I know the a/c is marginal but if you put it on max once it cools the car down a bit it will work better...

True, IIRC the "Max AC" setting actually recirculates the air inside the cab insead of taking hot air from outside. You should start with the normal AC for a few minutes then switch to max ac. It should work better that way.

1TallMF said:
True, IIRC the "Max AC" setting actually recirculates the air inside the cab insead of taking hot air from outside. You should start with the normal AC for a few minutes then switch to max ac. It should work better that way.
:nice:

When I got my car the A/C wasnt cooling quick enough so I looked for a solution and came across a additive that they sale at the autoparts store to help improve ac cooling its synthetic and it improved mine considerably and my car is 10 years old and the A/C blows like it was new again the can was about 18 bucks but it works