can't decide what white paint

mkhalil83

Mar 6, 2007
So I was looking at a couple of different whites for my 1993 coupe.

a. oxford white (stock)
b. performance white
c. arctic white ( it comes on the corvettes)

I want a bright white, if anyone has any pictures of any of these whites or any others on there fox post the pics up

• Sponsors (?)

I changed mine from the stock oxford to the brighter performance white ( paint code WT ) looks awsome in person & in the sun vs the pics. I went and looked at a lexus starfire pearl ( it was a color choice in my build thread) but wasn't sold on it when i looked at it .

Pics of my car painted performance white.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I can't believe i haven't seen a fox yet in that Lincoln pearl white color that all the ballers want these days. It's not a bad color for white. With some black accents it would look pretty sweet.

Thanks, I didn't know it was vibrant white. I am trying to stay away from pearls bc the paint is harder to match. I want a white that is a clean looking bright white with some pop. There are so many whites its hard to make a decision.

Thanks, I didn't know it was vibrant white. I am trying to stay away from pearls bc the paint is harder to match. I want a white that is a clean looking bright white with some pop. There are so many whites its hard to make a decision.

go to a good body shops paint dept and ask about some whites and the color mix. My buddies shop has a computer with the codes and the mix + chip books. The performance white has mostly white has the main color for the mix with only a few very minor colors for tint..very small actually. oxford white has a blue tint to it, it really shows up when a compaired to another white. when my jambs got painted the blue tint in the oxford white really stood out against the performance white. The white used on the 2010 fusion has a gray tint and the white on alot of the newer GM's have a yellow added has one of the minor colors. The Ford white tricoat plat. that was posted about is a huge pain to match and cost $$ along with most pearls. I picked the performance white becuase it gave the cleanest of the whites I was looking at with a slight tint w/o being a total white. You don't want too bright or the lines of the car will wash away from the reflective properties of the white. when you see a close to pure white car in the sun it starts to hurt your eyes but also it looks like a big white block. stay away from the dodge whites they are to creamy or vanilla looking. I looked at whites from alot of manufactures but I pulled the trigger on the Perf. white, I felt it gave the best of the both worlds..bright but not over bright if you know what I mean and held the lines of the car and bonus it was a ford color, but this all my own opinion.

go to a good body shops paint dept and ask about some whites and the color mix. My buddies shop has a computer with the codes and the mix + chip books. The performance white has mostly white has the main color for the mix with only a few very minor colors for tint..very small actually. oxford white has a blue tint to it, it really shows up when a compaired to another white. when my jambs got painted the blue tint in the oxford white really stood out against the performance white. The white used on the 2010 fusion has a gray tint and the white on alot of the newer GM's have a yellow added has one of the minor colors. The Ford white tricoat plat. that was posted about is a huge pain to match and cost $$ along with most pearls. I picked the performance white becuase it gave the cleanest of the whites I was looking at with a slight tint w/o being a total white. You don't want too bright or the lines of the car will wash away from the reflective properties of the white. when you see a close to pure white car in the sun it starts to hurt your eyes but also it looks like a big white block. stay away from the dodge whites they are to creamy or vanilla looking. I looked at whites from alot of manufactures but I pulled the trigger on the Perf. white, I felt it gave the best of the both worlds..bright but not over bright if you know what I mean and held the lines of the car and bonus it was a ford color, but this all my own opinion.

Yeah I know what you mean with it being to white where you lose the lines, I think I might be doing performance white. Is there a difference between Hi performance and performance white?

Yeah I know what you mean with it being to white where you lose the lines, I think I might be doing performance white. Is there a difference between Hi performance and performance white?

Oh yeah. Hi Perf white is even less white has more of a creamy color and is real close to Fords "crystal" color. I compared the 2 and perf. white is much whiter than hi perf. white. also on the late model stuff there will be color variations on the same color due to differents tints added wether due to production or build factory IE oxford white on an F150 vs oxford white on another vehicle built someplace else. Ford example '09-'10 model listen there are 2 oxford whites code YZ & Z1, same for white suede ( very grayish white) and hi performance white has 3 #'s and code HP is the whiter of the 3 . They are all very close it's just the tint variation ( important for repaint repairs). High performance white has 2 variations and WT is the whiter of the 2, the 2nd being really close.

truthfully with the amount of time I have spent looking at white paint I couldn't believe how many vraiation of white there are and 2nd they are all very close between manufactures save for pearls of course. That being said I chose a ford color for the simple reason they are all so close and perfomance white is the the next whiter of al the whites they offer next to total white. If you really want to blind in the sun and totally wash your car out unless it's in the shade you could go Ford ultra white code ZR, it's really brite :D but too brite for my taste. I have I confused you yet :shrug:

pmed you some more info.

I found this thread while doing a search and was hoping to bring it back to life as I also have a 93 coupe that's going into the paint shop this weekend.

Could anyone post pics of their white stands and list there paint code weather it be Oxford, vibrant, performance or high performance etc.

I'd love to see the different variations.

Skunk21 do you have any completed pictures of your car?!

Thanks Greg