Can't do a burnout

• Sponsors (?)

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
Thanks dude I really appreciate it, you 4.6 guys always love my car I get so many compliments here when i post. I need to post here more often. :banana:

Who's minivan? (second pic)

:cheers: I about shat myself with that second pic... she looked like she was gonna eat me

Azarello said:
Its probably you, and you're acting like its your friend!

Nononono its not I can promise you. If it were me I would say it there is no shame in learning to do something new if one can't do it already no matter how newb it may sound. My friend is a good driver he has just never done this before on a 5 speed so he needs a little nudge in the right direction.

BTW that white minivan looking thing is my parents Mercedes-Benz ML320 I hate that gay ass car. Its like a minivan pretending to be an SUV.

Thanks for the kind words guys I appreciate it.

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
Nononono its not I can promise you. If it were me I would say it there is no shame in learning to do something new if one can't do it already no matter how newb it may sound. My friend is a good driver he has just never done this before on a 5 speed so he needs a little nudge in the right direction.

BTW that white minivan looking thing is my parents Mercedes-Benz ML320 I hate that gay ass car. Its like a minivan pretending to be an SUV.

Thanks for the kind words guys I appreciate it.

It was just a joke to give a few a laugh! lol

hey this will sound gay, and i know its a lil late for this thread. my friend has a 02 4 wheel drive chevy, and when hes in the mud with it, and tring to spin his tires his abs will go crazy. he dosnt have traction cont either, aint on the truck at all. think it could be somethin like that? btw, its got a 6.0l so its got some balls. just a thought.

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
Thats why I was trying to teach him how to do it. I wanted him to do it on regular pavement before he gets in the box and makes a fool of himself. He is a good driver he can really bang through those gears for having a stock shifter. I just have never really worked much with newer cars so I didn't know if there was any kind of computer related issue that could cause it so I wanted to make sure, if anything I'll race it for him. :D

Is your friend using street tires? I was taught #1 rule when racing is to steer clear of the water box with street tires. Drive around it and warm the tires slightly to clean off the junk. If you load up street tires with water you never sling it all off so when you stage, the water finds it way to the track and you spin in it. Drag radials are a different story because they have barely any tread depth.

Big Steve said:
Is your friend using street tires? I was taught #1 rule when racing is to steer clear of the water box with street tires. Drive around it and warm the tires slightly to clean off the junk. If you load up street tires with water you never sling it all off so when you stage, the water finds it way to the track and you spin in it. Drag radials are a different story because they have barely any tread depth.
This would in no way make it HARDER to do a burnout...if anything it would make it easier....thats what the box is there for. I think he revs it to the right rpm (which in neutral takes very little throttle) and when he dumps the clutch, doesnt increase the amount of throttle, causing the car to stall. Just tell his to rev to 4-5k dump the clutch and floor it. dont even bother with the brakes until he can brake the tires loose.
no offence, but i just dont understand how you cant figure out how to break the tires loose in a car with horrible traction like a mustang. its not rocket science.