Can't find any plastic CAI's

madmatt said:
Did you notice a gain on your butt dyno as well. Sometimes you cant really feel stuff, but im wondering if you actually felt something. I didnt feel anything when I just put in the K&N drop in filter :shrug:

i think maybe just a tad-no huge difference. the difference was once i had Lt's,offroad h, catback,plenum/tb, and a new clutch and flywheel installed. It didnt pick up a huge amount of peak hp and torque after dyno testing it(it was running super rich) BUT-it picked up TONS in different areas besides peak, which really mad a seat of the pants difference.

you wont feel 8hp in a major way if youve already got a few mods.

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't have wasted my money on a cold air intake unless it had a bling factor. They don't help out hp and if you say you lost 2 hp at the wheels from the last time you dynoed you car then in reality you didn't lose a thing because your hp doesn't stay the same being weather condition ,etc. Just find an intake that looks good and buy it because there isn't going to be a difference in hp.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I haven't been getting emails on any of them, but I just happened to check some of my posts and saw all the suggestions.

The last reason I would ever buy a CAI would be for the bling factor.
I was against CAI's and removing the silencer at first, but with the very HEAVY, very humid air down here in the summer, sometimes the car feels sluggish like it's just not getting enough air.

tangerine
I had seen the JLT, and even emailed them, but they don't have one available yet.

apk1971
I saw the Roush one, but until now wasn't sure it was plastic. Thanks. I like it the most so far. (EDIT: Just found one on eBay for $140 + $20 shipping)

Jason

cavallo, did you feel a difference once you installed the volant. That's the intake i want to get. I had one on my ford ranger before i totaled it and i loved the fit and finish of it. How much did it set you back money-wise?

Jake

Fit and finish is great, the inside of the pipe is gloss smooth.

I just noticed better throttle responce.

I hated the stock rubber pipe, too ugly and heavy.
Car is in the shop or I would show you.
Price is on the higher end, paid like $290 for mine.

Best part for me is that nobody runs one due to the price.
I like that...........

i have a full length densecharger and I dont think it did a thing. I dont recomend it. As for ebay being shady I have never had a problem as long as I bought from a seller with very good feedback, I bought my densecharger, magnaflow catback, clear headlights, billet interior products, rockford fosgate amp and speakers, even my cell phone on ebay. The prices are quite a bit cheaper. The clear headlights one was missing the reflector so i had to pay shipping to send it back, but still ended up being cheaper than if i had bought it elsewhere.

I also have had good luck with eBay. I bought my fog lights, Steeda springs and Tri-ax via eBay. The only problems I have had were with shipping... (took to long or packaging was sloppy.) Quality was always excellent. But you definately either need to rely on feedback. If there is not enough feedback, send an e-mail to the seller. Ask questions and watch for response times and quality of answers. Go with your instinct. If they seem quick and knowledgeable, take a chance.

Stangnut - If you go with the Roush CIA - Let us know how you make out... eBay experience, opinions and as always - pics...

Cheers...