Fox Can't Find Body Dimensions Anywhere

Matt300ZXT

Jul 10, 2008
I desperately need to know the length/width of a Fox body Mustang. I Google it and there is nothing through pages of Google searches for a simple length/width body dimension. I am considering picking one up today and need to know so I can see if it'll fit my enclosed trailer properly.

• Sponsors (?)

Can't help you with dimensions however I do suggest you bring your enclosed trailer with you to view the car and drive it up inside it. I don't see why the seller would care since your going to test drive the car anyway.

Besides, people can't give you dimensions for a car they know nothing about such as what year it is and is it a GT, LX or coupe? These vehicles will have different lengths.

P.S. Check torque boxes, body lines, floor pan for quality since too many of these cars have been rode hard and put away wet. Most people don't really know the history of their vehicle because their the 5th, 6th, 7th, etc.. owner and people lie or were told lies from previous owners and are unknowingly passing lies to the next sucker.

Good luck and let us know what you got, pics are nice too.

I was typing in a search of "how long is a" but the autofill on my computer is going to get me fired at my work. No help here Bro!

Ahhh.... The cookies from your previous searches betray you. :ninja:

If your windows profile is maintained on a central server versus locally on the machine that you're using... Be mindful of doing searches on the large screen at meetings. :rlaugh:

Well I did eventually find them, and went to the guy's house to look at it. Looked straight, fired up and ran just fine. During the drive, when at idle mostly, there was a hissing sort of noise coming from his side in the dash area it sounded like which went away when he gave it gas. Then there was a clicking/scrubbing noise while driving that he was blaming on the wheels being a slightly wrong offset and tires scrubbing. I could see on the fronts where there was a worn clean area on the strut housing, but it sounded more like the rear that was doing it. Then during the same test drive, he started blaming it on the wheel weights clacking against the suspension. Juuuuust before his house, at the tail end of the whole 3 or so mile test drive, the right rear wheel broke 3 lug studs, and the wheel/tire and drum housing flew off at about 40mph and then we skidded the last 1/8th mile or so riiiiiight to his driveway. The other rear wheel was totally sunk in at the top with hella camber that a Honda Civic fanboy woulda died for. It refused to move after that...so I walked up his driveway, hopped in my truck and drove back home.

Sounds like what I said in my previous post, another used and abused Mustang that's somebody is trying to pawn off to a sucker.

Imagine if it would've ran fine just a little bit longer, that would've happened possibly under your ownership and on your dime. Lucky you weren't going much faster and you controlled it to a screeching halt.

How much was asking for it?
What your favorite flavor Doritos locos taco? :pop:

I wasn't driving it, I was just riding along. He was asking $3500 obo and said he'd do $3000 today. Sucks too cuz I had the trailer cleaned out and ready, and the cash sitting in the towing vehicle.