can't get no respect

It seems like every day I go cruising I come up against someone in a four cyl four door front wheel drive family car with a chrome muffler who thinks its a hot rod . Giving me the eye to race. I just laugh and look the other way. Ofcourse they have to prove they have a hot rod if not to me but to themselves. Where I come from a muscle car pulls the front wheels not spins them. I guess they just don't know the real potental of these cars or just don't care. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees this.

• Sponsors (?)

I hate ricers, but many of the late model, 4door, front drive, family cars with V6s have upwards of 250-300 hp. So our outdated Stangs won't keep up unless you have some serious mods.

You mention "potential of these cars".... if you're stock, you better be careful you don't get embarassed.

You nailed it, I doubt "they" care about the potential of mustangs, nor would I bother getting "their" respect.....to each their own

There's a lot of 4cyl cars out on the road while my stang is stuck in the garage due to winter/snow....Am I the loser? I think not lol

I don't even give them a 2nd look. I also don't really worry about most of the "family" cars on the road either. The Toyota Camry is a joke 268 HP and only if you find the one with the 3.5 which most don't, heavy and geared for fuel mileage. most 6 bangers are dogs off the line since they seriously lack lown end torque and need to be moving to be a challenge. Then again i'm looking to race everything either but looking for respect from "ricers" is kind of misnomer.

I like the attention. I don't do anything about it, but nobody notices me when I drive my 4-door sedan, so when I'm out in my mustang I don't mind the extra attention...as long as they leave me alone when I turn down a race. All I need is some ahole driving like an ass and damaging up my pride and joy. But it they want to pull next to me and eyeball me and rev at me,...hey I'll take it.

I gotta admit..sometimes when I'm out with my buddy (who owns a 600hp turbo mustang) we mess around with mustangs in our daily drivers. There have been a few times I've revved at a mustang at a red light in my g35 just to observe the reaction. :)

And yes, some mustang owners are real ass hats when you do that.

This thread sucks...

As I'm new here, I feel obligated to make it better in at least some small way....:jaw:

View attachment 199714

Noobz347 is my new hero! LOL

:Word:!!!!!

What I think is funny is, I've got an old civic I torture back and forth to work to save gas and miles on my truck. When I'm minding my own business at a stoplight I get ricers too, but what's really funny is when the kids in the mustangs pull up and rev on me. WTF? I just laugh and rev back, and laugh harder when they burn away as I putt off like an old man.....

The V6 Camry is pretty quick, I work at Toyota so I see them all the time haha. They make lots of cars with that same engine, such as the Avalons, Rav4s, Highlanders and such and such. Its a pretty zippy engine and can break tires loose pretty easily I have experienced :rolleyes:

Yeah i dont bother with these kids anymore, i used to literally yank u turns in the middle of the road to chase them down. Few tickets later and some maturity, "i guess" i dont do it anymore. It takes a turbo for me to even mess with one. My favorite is Corvette Guy. There so used to no one ever racing they freak when someone isnt scared to race them.

SMOKE 'EM

vin_diesel_paul_walker_the_fast_and_the_furious_003.jpg

i used to have an 05 dodge SRT4 (turbo 4 cyl, 4 door) and it was fun to screw with v8 cars and turbo DSL trucks because they think they are going to put me in my place and i would destroy them daily and they look at you and dont understand what just happened. lol but getting pulled for 120 in a 45 makes you think twice about if its a good idea or not. (part of why i dont have that car any more)

i used to have an 05 dodge SRT4 (turbo 4 cyl, 4 door) and it was fun to screw with v8 cars and turbo DSL trucks because they think they are going to put me in my place and i would destroy them daily and they look at you and dont understand what just happened. lol but getting pulled for 120 in a 45 makes you think twice about if its a good idea or not. (part of why i dont have that car any more)

I'd run the skittle, ive put many in their place already :) Rollin coal ftmfw

I'd run the skittle, ive put many in their place already :) Rollin coal ftmfw

my best races were with new style GTO ls2 (@153mph the window wipers stood straight up) and a supercharged lightning (he almost crashed when he hit the speed limiter @ 140 when i blew past him. its hard to clear 150 mph in a big truck and not lift. i did get my ass HANDED to me by a modded Z06. (bad)