Can't post/make threads here with Firefox

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
Well this is an odd problem...not sure what to do, figured i'd ask. For some reason i can't post or make threads on THIS forum with Firefox...unless i go way back to version 1.5...then it works fine. Right now i'm on IE and i feel like the barn door is wide open and i'm letting in all sorts of spyware and god knows what else. What could be the problem?

Hrm.. I dunno. Working find for me. I say export all your bookmarks and such, fully remove Firefox, and reinstall. Otherwise, make sure you haven't added and scripts or add-ons that are causing a confusion. Maybe try disabling all add-ons before reinstalling.

Right now it's hanging up on loading the page and the status bar says "waiting for tag:contextweb.com..."

I don't have any themes/addons running either. It's just the vanilla 3.5.7 installation. I have this nasty feeling in my gut that it has to do with my firewall and something is trying to get through and that's why it won't load.

Well i've hit a road block with this issue and as far as i can tell it simply has to do with my crappy slow internet.

Right now i'm on Firefox 2.0. That's as "new" as i can get and still be able to post here. When i upgrade, the browser times out unless i make something like a 3 word post, and it won't let me MAKE threads at all. It seems like maybe the combination of the newer more robust Firefox plus this HUGE website together just put a strangle hold on my connection and it times out. Maybe 2.0 is a little more lean and has less to load or something. Either way i'm kinda screwed because IE won't let me post half the time either so it's 2.0 or nothing until i get my cable hooked back up.