Canton windage tray wont fit the 347?

dderek

Feb 29, 2004
Tried to start assembling the bottom of the motor today.

Put the mounting kit on the 2 and 4 caps.
put the windage tray on the studs, (holes kinda off center from stud locations:nono: )

but anyways.
the rod bolts hit the tray.

So i was thinking about going to a hardware store and trying to find some washers or something to get a little extra clearance?

Kit came with no instructions really.
Heres a "tip" from their website

Stroke and windage trays
Any of our main stud mounted windage trays have the ability to be adjusted up or down for various stroke configurations. When doing this, clearance between the tray and pickup tube may decrease, as well as pan to tray clearance. A little bit of patience and measuring make for a trouble-free installation.

Says it can be adjusted up/down, but doesnt give any more info than that

Guess im on my own to find washers etc.

Anybody done this? so i dont have to measure a bunch of crap etc

• Sponsors (?)

Tried to start assembling the bottom of the motor today.

Put the mounting kit on the 2 and 4 caps.
put the windage tray on the studs, (holes kinda off center from stud locations:nono: )

but anyways.
the rod bolts hit the tray.

So i was thinking about going to a hardware store and trying to find some washers or something to get a little extra clearance?

Kit came with no instructions really.
Heres a "tip" from their website

Stroke and windage trays
Any of our main stud mounted windage trays have the ability to be adjusted up or down for various stroke configurations. When doing this, clearance between the tray and pickup tube may decrease, as well as pan to tray clearance. A little bit of patience and measuring make for a trouble-free installation.

Says it can be adjusted up/down, but doesnt give any more info than that

Guess im on my own to find washers etc.

Anybody done this? so i dont have to measure a bunch of crap etc

I was interested if you got the windage tray to work I was thinking of getting one