Car Audio: 4-ch Amplifier Under Passenger Seat?

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by BLK90LX, Mar 12, 2012.

1. BLK90LX

BLK90LX Founding Member

Has anyone successfully installed an aftermarket 4-ch amplifier under the passenger seat in a Fox? I have two Pioneer 4-ch amps and neither one stands a chance of fitting under the seat. Just curious if anyone has found a newer (and smaller) 4-ch amp. RMS power output needs to be 30-50W per channel.

Thank you
  2. oldskolbus

oldskolbus Founding Member

Have you tried the back of the rear seat. I have mine mounted to a board and attached to rail behind the rear seat in the trunk, but its a coupe. I might have the same amp a 4x50, and another cheap one on the sub.
  3. Onefine88

Onefine88 Previously 89SSC18

Yes I did
    About 15 yrs ago I had quite the system in my '88vert. I had a Kicker 250watt 4-ch amp mounted under the passenger seat. I had a Kicker 600watt amp and two 10" Solobaric subs installed in a custom built enclosure (by me) in the trunk.
    I spent alot of money, time and effort acquiring and installing the system therefore it was completely unnoticeable unless I opened the trunk or CRANKED IT! LOL

It sounded great but I have since restored the car. I have removed everything except the head unit and speakers.
  4. Routs

Routs Member

Yep, same as above. Back in the mid nineties I had installed a 4 channel amp under my passenger seat and a single channel sub amplifier under my driver seat in my 88 notch. Great spot to hide them and so easy to install if you take off the seats first.
  5. 1993whtstang

1993whtstang Member

yep. I installed a alpine amp under my passenger seat 3 months ago. no problems.