Car Audio...in Here

) y2kGT (

Oct 24, 2003
I've been throwing around the idea of a system here lately. I have came down to the conclusion of either (2) 10's or....(1) 12. I have the mach 460 and was told if i ever wanted the system to sound right i would have to ditch the 460 bc the door speakers would be distorting before my subs kicked in..I don't mind ditching the 460 if thats the case. I am considering running a single 12" Kicker L7, in this box shown below...

1-12-SQ-SPB.gif

Airspace: 2.75 cu. ft.
L: 30" W: 17" H: 13.5"

Would this box fit in my trunk with the 460 removed? Im pretty set on this combo as i have heard the L5's and 7's and they are friggin bad..And i was told a single L7 in this box would absolutely pound. Whaddya' think?
http://www.proboxrocks.com/images/superbass/1-12-SQ-SPB.gif

• Sponsors (?)

You really dont have to ditch the stock speakers,you could cross them over act like a midrange,but you would get better sound from replacing them.The L5s(or 7's) kick major a$$.I just finished these in my buddies truck.4 L5 12",and its insane.
box1.jpg

and this is in mine,2 L5 10"
boxrs.jpg

But you should really replace the amps and put in some coaxials.The only problem I see with that box is getting in the trunk,or i guess it could go thhrough the back seat right?Good luck

i have a box with 2 12's in them, and if u take out the carpet and spare tire, u can manange to get it in, then just u gotta pick up the box, u only get like 2 inches of space but u can work it under, but yea, its a tuffy with those lil trunks, but its doable