Car is back (info about problems)

95WhiteVenom

Founding Member
Oct 27, 2002
Alabama
Well after my two threads asking about what all could be wrong with my car. I reffered to a guy (John) at delk performance. John was right on the money. Car has weak spark and no fire,... yep it was the dizzy. Well something i forgot to mention and didn't think of till I talked to him was the high rpm cut out like there was no spark at all and the car ran into a wall. Well that was the dizzy all along.

The fuel pump was also bad and was replaced, along with the ignition mod,dead battery,nasty pos. cable,plug wires,and im prolly forgetting something else.

I got the car back today and immediately took it for a test drive. I took the newly found chip out of the ECU. The car runs like a scalded dog now. Seriously never felt this strong in 5 years.

The car is going to see track duty on thursday. I'm hoping to better my 9.0 (1/8 mile)that I got way back two years ago when the car was bone stock.

Anyone have a guess as to what the car should run now?

BTW, thanks for the info from you guys especally JT who never seemed to give up on ideas and advice. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Glad to hear it's back and doesnt have scorch marks all over it :nice:

That's a trip that the chip seemed to (if anything) hold it back. I guess that I'm not surprised if it was some old school version.

You should really be good to go for awhile now - you mowed down a lot of the important components that start failing around this mileage and timeframe (less stuff to worry about after you do mods) :nice:

Good luck at the Track!

95WhiteVenom said:
Well after my two threads asking about what all could be wrong with my car. I reffered to a guy (John) at delk performance. John was right on the money. Car has weak spark and no fire,... yep it was the dizzy. Well something i forgot to mention and didn't think of till I talked to him was the high rpm cut out like there was no spark at all and the car ran into a wall. Well that was the dizzy all along.

The fuel pump was also bad and was replaced, along with the ignition mod,dead battery,nasty pos. cable,plug wires,and im prolly forgetting something else.

I got the car back today and immediately took it for a test drive. I took the newly found chip out of the ECU. The car runs like a scalded dog now. Seriously never felt this strong in 5 years.

The car is going to see track duty on thursday. I'm hoping to better my 9.0 (1/8 mile)that I got way back two years ago when the car was bone stock.

Anyone have a guess as to what the car should run now?

BTW, thanks for the info from you guys especally JT who never seemed to give up on ideas and advice. :SNSign:

Hey, I just got your thread in a hyper from Seventy Mach1. I am experiencing the same problem (I think). I have a 95GT vert and it is seriously holding back at 4 grand. It is like it is governed. What is a dizzy? I am new to this so bear with me. I am currently listed under 94-95 Talk as 95 GT Troubles. Any help is appreciated.:)

Smoothie95gt=PM sent

Paul-bring yourself to alabama i challenge you to a duel!!! lol

JT- thanks once again for all your insight. I'm just proud to have my baby back.

Therian-thanks man The car has honestly never ran better than it does right now I hope it lasts another 5 years before a mojor problem.

I had the stock distributor in both the 95 cobra and my 95 GTS both go bad within about 2 weeks of each other. I replaced the cobras with a new stock replacement and I have a Billet MSD in the GTS now. Both are running strong.

Some how I think the cars are linked by some hidden force. When something breaks on one, the other is not far to follow. Had to replace the fan on the cobra, as soon as it was installed got the gts out and went to the track, sittin in line car overheated cause the fan locked up.

Hey tommy! Yea thanks for the advice on the phone that day man. I was seriously about to freak out over the car cause i was so lost. I had just been told a billion things by a billion other people.
I know I know from now on I will call you first. Mr. know it all. LOL

Yea guys it was the stocker that went south after 11 amazing years and it was replaced with MSD!