Car popping car starts up but wants to die if I don’t hold pedal down

Went and checked my notes on the motor and base timing is at 14 degrees. I had it at 10 degrees when I trailered it to the tuner and he bumped it to 14. Have zero idea why but it pulls hard and drives just fine. Went out to the garage and sorted the plug wires so #1 can be clearly seen and it’s between the two bolting locations on the upper to lower.

1711503228279.jpeg

Best pic I can get with the strut tower brace.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Went and checked my notes on the motor and base timing is at 14 degrees. I had it at 10 degrees when I trailered it to the tuner and he bumped it to 14. Have zero idea why but it pulls hard and drives just fine. Went out to the garage and sorted the plug wires so #1 can be clearly seen and it’s between the two bolting locations on the upper to lower.

1711503228279.jpeg

Best pic I can get with the strut tower brace.
Thank you. I think I have mine in right place.Its still running low power. It fires right up but wants to die immediately and the only way to have it on is with the gas held down even then it’s still very very low power. I installed new pvc but I’ll swap it out for the old one maybe it’s bad? I’ll put tape on the groomet and see if that helps

Last edited:
Okay, you have to have the timing correct as you have done it a few times and same result and where the #1 on your distributor is where most of them are. Are you 100% sure the 10 pin connectors are all good? All those codes pretty much point to that one common place. Did you get the ground on the back of the passenger side head to the firewall reconnected? Also, do you have the orange ground wire on the injector harness grounded to one of the intake bolts or the back of the passenger side head? It is #19 in this diagram:

1711543366040.png

Reactions: 1 user
Ok I’ve had my battery connected for few days now and I started car it actually sounds like a truck or car with no mufflers, neways I have codes 85,10,11. I bought new spark plug wires. Still sounds like crap. Very low ideal and dies quick. I see my air filter looks like crap. Not sure if that would make a car run lean.Its dented and I make a tear in th rubber part. I’ll order one later. Along with those wires I got this book. Maybe it will help me find problem. I’m thinking it’s a fuel air problem seeing I have fuel in the intake and I’m running lean?

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpeg
    IMG_0041.jpeg
    668.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    871.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 12