Car seems weak...alternator?

Well...I've posted a few times that my car seems "weak" at times and hesitates occasionally. I'm starting to think this may be due to my alternator. When I got a brand new battery about two weeks ago, the car started quick, the exhaust seemed louder and more "peppy", and the car just seemed to have more power behind it at WOT. As time has gone on, it's taken longer for the car to start up and it just doesn't seem to have as much power as it did when I first got the battery.

Does this seem like it could be my alternator is too small and the battery is slowly draining? Or would it really not affect performance once the car gets started? The car is usually on for short periods of time (trips across town) and doesn't see much higher rpm for better charge. I also have a pretty big system in there. I only have a 60amp alt. in there now. Thanks for the help, it's bugging the hell out of me how the car's performance seems to be declining when I'm not even changing anything.

(Would too weak of valve springs have effects I mentioned as well? Those need to be replaced. Other than these two things I can't think of anything else.) :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Electrical gremlins are a pain. I guess, check to see how many volts at battery terminals before starting, then see if you get 14 volts when idling at the battery terminals. One recent experience I had at work was my battery died, only had 9 volts. We jumped started it and ran good for about a month, then it wouldn't start again. We jumped started it, but it wouldn't stay running after disconnecting the jumper cables. The battery was replaced as the charging system was okay, and now it still operates normally....strange.