Car shaking like crazy after gear mess up

RiceBurner13

Nov 25, 2003
Ok this has happened twice. Ill go to shift into third gear and right before it clicks in the engine revs up and keeps bouncing off the 7k mark rpm while the transmission is making a sound like a mix between it dragging on the ground and the gears all grinding at once, basically the worst sound u can hear, like soembody grinding your gears and holding it there so it continues to grind. This is while its in neutral too. Ill shut the car off and start it back up, but itll just keep over-revving and making that sound. Eventually itll start back up normal and itll drive fine. The second time however soemthing really is wrong. The car seems to bog in really low rpm's and it shakes real bad whenever i dont floor it. ( i do have a bigger cam (E303) and i know some bucking in low rpm's is normal cuz of the idle line but this is defnitely different, this is more of a shaking) It goes into gears fine, and the clutch seems fine too, but the car is definitely bogging and shakes like a bastard. Im relatively new to msuatngs so if ANYBODY can help me out with this one id be grateful. Thanks in advance, Dom

• Sponsors (?)

Am I missing something? Why was the throttle sticking at 7,000 rpm? Were you keeping your foot heavy into the gas when the car wouldn't go into gear? Sounds like you may have over-revved and damaged your engine.

fuel cut off is 6250. I always shift at 6200 no problem, then again I have the topend to support those RPMs. sounds like you messed something up. something off the top of my head about the shaking, have you checked out to see if your harmonic ballancer is still in one piece and not coming apart?

yes, im positive i didnt go into first and the engine is still fine cuz i just had it dynod again, still making basically the same numbers. A friend thinks that the "fork in the transmission may be coming loose,causing it to miss gears and fall out of place" but the engine was definitely revving to 7