Car smells like a two stroke engine (gas)

After driving my car for any length of time, I smell like the exhaust of a two stroke engine...I smell like "burnt" gas. What can I adjust to make this go away. Its a '67 mustang with a 289 and holley 600 cfm vacuum secondary carb.

How can I fix it?

Thanks

------------------------
'67 mustang with 289
Holley 600 cfm vac sec
Performer intake with 1" open spacer
Mild cam
Multi angle port/polish work on factory heads
Hooker long tubes

• Sponsors (?)

I hate that smell too.

But I will have to ask the obvious, any exhaust leaks? Everything burning right? (Not to rich or burning oil?) (Aka, what shape is your engine in?)

Is your firewall in good shape? Cowls? (ie bad air flow into the drivers compartment?)

Engine has been recently rebuilt, should be fine, seems to be in great shape. No obvious exhaust leaks.

It could very well be running rich, but I don't know how to fix that... is there an adjustment on the carb, or would I just have to change jets?

Where does the exhaust exit the vehicle? Behind the bumper?
Also, any rust holes in the sheetmetal?

Idle mixture can be adjusted by turning a screw on the carb, but to adjust the mixture for under load conditions you'll have to change the jets.

Like Bottlefed is thinking.. make sure your exhaust exits the back of the car and does not stop short of the rear valence.. This will make a huge difference in smelling the exhaust, whether it is running rich or not.

Like Bottlefed is thinking.. make sure your exhaust exits the back of the car and does not stop short of the rear valence.. This will make a huge difference in smelling the exhaust, whether it is running rich or not.

I have a similar issue with my new 351w, and this is an interesting note.

Even though my exhaust exits the pipe 2" past the rear valance, I wonder if my poorly fitted deck lid and old weatherstripping seal is letting a lot of fumes into the car?