Car won't start or run properly

slicker72

Jun 8, 2011
Well I was driving down the street doing about 30, no big deal. I hear a little pop, car sputters for 10 seconds, engine dies, I roll to side of road. Confused me, I pop hood and take a look. I see a ignition coil is jumping up and down ( While cranking). Obviously the spark plug under came loose. I do not have the proper tools ( a stupid 10 foot extension) to reach down in there. I tri ed to start car which eventually I got it to start, I was only .25 miles away from my house and was going to drive home without one spark plug. I've had spark plugs SHOOTout on me before and I know the feeling of how the cars drives. Anyways after cranking the engine, could only start it with accelerate floored after about 5 seconds the car starts. VERY loud, as if I had open headers. The engine is ticking, car is obviously misfiring, its absolutely TERRIBLE. It is nothing like having a spark plug shootout previously. My question is, will properly replacing plug and coil (If bad) correct these problems lol, or am I looking at a much more serious problem. I recorded a video ONLY for the sole purpose to have you guys listen, not because I like running my car with a busted engine.

YouTube - ‪99 Mustang GT Problem‬‏

• Sponsors (?)