car wont turn over?

1995pony

Dec 10, 2009
winchester
i put in a water temp gauge and the end hot the battery and arced didnt blow a fuse and the eec and tfi are good and the fuel pump hums and car wont turn over i took out the gauge and wires and put the stock one bac but wen i go to start the fan comes on and its sat in a garage for a while please help

• Sponsors (?)

i put in a water temp gauge and the end hot the battery and arced didnt blow a fuse and the eec and tfi are good and the fuel pump hums and car wont turn over i took out the gauge and wires and put the stock one bac but wen i go to start the fan comes on and its sat in a garage for a while please help

I don't want to sound critical but you are not making a lot of sense. It sounds like you installed a water temperature gauge and somehow you shorted the battery and now the engine won't crank. Is that correct? I suspect that you have blown a fuse or a fuse link in the starter wiring circuit. Do you hear a click or any sound when you try to start the engine? If you do, then the problem isn't a fuse but may be that the battery isn't delivering enough cranking amps to turn over the starter. That may be as simple as charging the battery and/or replacing the battery.