Carbon fiber drive shaft

dew22

Banned by Troll
Jan 16, 2003
Tampa
Anyone running a carbon fiber drive shaft does it absorb more or less noise / drivetrain vibration than an aluminum d/s ????????????? I am thinking about purchasing one www.need-4-speed.com/pst.htm

I already have a FRPP aluminum d/s installed after gears FRPP 3.73 to correct drive train vibration. (worked great) but after I had some suspension work done 2 weeks ago Eibach pro kit springs, steeda upper and lower aluminum controll arms, ball joints pump steer kit, maximum motorsports cc plates and offset rack & pinion bushings. I have a kinda harmonic hummmm at certain rmps (not the wheels had them ballanced and rotated just for good measures do difference) The car is going on a lift Monday to check the drive train u-joints, drive shaft and such.

Also I was told that this common with lowered cars=incorrect d/s angle I have been in several lowered Mustangs and they don't this problem??

• Sponsors (?)

Bone Racing said:
looks nice...but for the price...considering u already did a driveshaft...you prolly wont notice much

other then in the pocket

paying for a driveshaft twice isnt fun

Ya don't like paying for anything twice but this sound is getting old :notnice:

Is anyone running a c/f driveshaft??? and if so any opinions????

have the rear gears gone throu again maybe you have a worn bearing or the pinion depth is not in spec.
the only thing that worries me about the carbon fiber shaft for an every day car is the fact that they are assembled with glue. other than that they are the among the best for a drag car or high speed land racer.