Carbon Fiber Hoods???

• Sponsors (?)

I kind of thought one would look nice on my car, I have CF printed vinyl on my body mouldings so i thought it would tie in. In Carlisle I found a guy that was making them and was very impressed. I was about to buy one and 87ttopstang said he thought they were ghey as butt secks......so I didn't buy it!

ive got one on my GTI, and i like it (came with it) but i dont think it would look good on a fox body unless it was an aero car with like a carbon fiber scheme to it. like the one in MM&FF a while ago. it was two tone. the bottom was red and the top was carbon fiber. it looked pretty good.

but if you get one with the intention of painting it :nice: because they are light as fack!!

edit: pics

mmfp_060900_carbon_06_z1991_ford_mu.jpg

mmfp_060900_carbon_03_z1991_ford_mu.jpg

Attachments

• mmfp_060900_carbon_06_z1991_ford_mu.jpg
    mmfp_060900_carbon_06_z1991_ford_mu.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 94
  • mmfp_060900_carbon_03_z1991_ford_mu.jpg
    mmfp_060900_carbon_03_z1991_ford_mu.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 86
I want one. Tell me who makes one and how much money i need to throw at them to get it.

I think it would look good on my black LX. I'd leave it unpainted, get a small cowl and toss some hood pins on and call it a day. Weight savings and a bad-ass look.

I would've loved to have had one on my black notch - maybe Frankenstang will want to invest in one, someday, now that it's hers. :D

Agreed, they do look best on a black car, or a car with an appropriate paint scheme to go with it. However, you pretty much wanna forget about leaving it completely unpainted. Apparently, CF turns into a sickly greenish color when it's left exposed to UV light for a long period of time, so you'll probably want to put a few coats of some clear over it, at the very least, to keep that from happening ... or at least to slow its change in color. :shrug:

Only reasons I could see for them being considered "ricey" is if someone throws them unpainted onto a car with a totally off color, like lime green or yellow or whatever, and/or if they're of the kind of design that APC was using with the carbon fiber hoods that they were selling a couple of years ago (those things were insanely expensive, somewhere between $600 to $800! :eek: ).