Carpet installed - Car won't start now

Sorry about the catchy subject

I have a ground-up restore...
Had a temporary seat in place while I finished exterior of car...

I installed the carpet which required just a little movement of the wires which typically go under the the carpet... specifically, the seats and center console.

Prior to this installation, I had been starting car to move in/out of garage with no issue.

I hear the fuel pump come on and all other instrument cluster items look good.

I checked the inertia switch in the trunk and it's fully depressed as I expect it should be.

If you have a wiring diagram (which includes color) for the interior that may help me.

Any other ideas ?

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

If it's an auto, you probably forgot to reconnect the trans harness which has the neutral safety switch, it's located under the seat and console. The car will light up like it should it just won't crank. If it's a stick, the NSS is up under the dash by the pedals. I would bet money it's one of those two.

- Starter does not engage at all
- battery is sitting at 12.8 volts
- No solenoid clicking
- fuel pressure gauge is showing pump is on
- factory security tab is in place
- Insertia button fully depressed.

I'm inclined to believe it's some sort of ignition safety...

- neutral safety switch ?
- seat belts ? (( I don't think so because I didn't have them prior to the carpet install.

Now... the carpet install required a little wrestling... and lacing wires up through it.

I honestly believe there is a simple issue here...I'm just concerned I can't see the forest fore the woods.

I thank you for taking the time to consider these symptoms.

If it's an auto, you probably forgot to reconnect the trans harness which has the neutral safety switch, it's located under the seat and console. The car will light up like it should it just won't crank. If it's a stick, the NSS is up under the dash by the pedals. I would bet money it's one of those two.

Hmmm... since I've been wrestling with carpet up under drivers side... I prolly pulled the NSS. I will re-focus attention there.

I honestly believe this is a simple one...

Thanks bro... will reply shortly after looking more closely

Mystery solved...

With the installation of the carpet, the clutch pedal travel ha been reduced (ever so little).

This resulted in the Starter/Clutch Interlock switch not being fully engaged and as such, the starter would not fire.

To fix this I adjusted the piston stop clip. The car now starts.

I do however need to reinstall the Starter/Clutch Interlock back into place. If the problem returns, then I'll stay focused on how the clutch pedal is meeting this switch.

Many thanks again for the quick replies...the responses certainly helped put my thoughts on the right path.

Have an awesome Holiday weekend boys !

-D

if the switch really becomes a problem, i have heard you can splice the 4 wires together and then the switch will be always "closed" or whatever terminology is required. Either way, you could start your car with the clutch off the floor (not a suggestion)