Caster Camber kit?

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Stangsonly, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Stangsonly

Stangsonly New Member

Hey guys, I went to get an alignment and the mechanic said I need to replace the caster camber kit. I knew there was a problems because the front end has a clunk when I go over bumps sometimes but he wants 620 to replace the caster camber kit...
    I was just curious as to whether this is a caster camber kit or if I need anything else since I don't know much about suspension.
    http://www.americanmuscle.com/srperformance-caster-camber-9404.html

2. kramer

kramer Member

post a picture of the bad one , he might b shooting **** to get whats in your back pocket , ive never heard of them going bad and really dont see how they could , it sounds to me like a bad ball joint , those usually clunk when there bad, and by the way thats a **** load of money to do a job like that! those things are super easy to replace u gotta get em realigned of course but that should be like 60 dollars , id take it to someone else immediately, or do it yourself and take it to the shop to align it

3. Sharad

Sharad ALWAYS choose the V over the P!!! Wait... what?
    Site Sponsor

Showcase:
    $620 is too much, in my opinion. You didn't say what year your car is, but since this is in the 94-04 section, chances are that if you're still running the factory strut mounts, they should be replaced. The factory mounts use SOFT rubber bushings which are not conducive to good handling.

4. Stangsonly

Stangsonly New Member

Sorry, it is a 2000 Mustang. I replaced the lower ball joints and inner and outer tie rods myself but I haven't touched the struts. I am going to take it to another mechanic to get it checked out but at this point I think I am gonna go buy a 2013 since now a pulley is squealing too after changing the belt and this is a salvaged vehicle.... And yea I asked him how much he was charging for labor and he said something like 220 so if that is the correct part he is shafting me on the parts. If I posted a picture of the part on the car would that help? I have not take anything apart as it is my only daily driver.