catalytic convertor question

shaun5091

Jul 16, 2006
Hi all,

I'm new to the site and was hoping someone could help me out with a cat question. I am finally going to bite the bullet and put hi-flo cats on my car. the problem is, they're so damn expensive. I thought somewhere on this site there was a thread about some magnaflow cats that you can buy individually and just splice them into an off-road h-pipe. I was hoping to get some feedback to find out if you passed the emissions test, did you notice a considerable drop in power, noise, throttle response, etc.?

Thanks for any info

• Sponsors (?)

By the time you find a set of free flowing cats and...

Have them isntalled and welded
Modify the smog pump tube or install a flex line...

You could have had a set that fit and came with all the pieces necessary. I picked up a Bassani Catted X for like $250 brand new from a guy who'd had it sitting in his garage for a while. Granted, I fell into a lucky star but deals liek that can be found.

Unless you are ultra high HP N/A or running a turbo or other power adder, a good set of high flow cats won't make much difference in power level. The difference is probably less that 2%-5%. The noise level will drop slightly, and low end torque may even increase.