Cd player in a 68.

• Sponsors (?)

well, I used a standard head unit(not one mustang specific) and I had to cut the bezel in my old 67 to make it fit(and fab a bracket to hold it in the back) but now they make CD players for the classic mustang...its an easier option

I'm personally going with a hidden set up. CD player is going in the glovebox, with a custom made bracket. 6cd changer with the amp is going in the trunk when I get that carpeted and cleaned up. CD player will work off a remote when the driver wants to change it up.

I did mine with a new Alpine unit and used the inside border of the installations slip housing as a template. Just place the plastic cover on the face of the radio bezel, mark your corner locations and dremel away. It was quite easy. Insert the stereo from the front and slide the slip housing on from the back, lock the tabs and go. I did not have to add any brackets on mine to hold it in place. I can send you some pics if you need me to. Just PM me. (by the way, it looks sweet; as if it was meant to be there from the beginning.)

To clarify, starting in 67 the radio is mounted in a bezzle that can either be modified or replaced with units from the mentioned suppliers. Prior to 67 the opening in the dash is not large enough for a cd player. If you want an in dash in a 64.5 - 66 you have to hack the dash which will probably po the next owner.