CDC Shaker (Mach 1) kit

Sam98 said:
Looks good...does it bring air in? :nice:

Didn't see my previous post @#%!@#$^( Earthlink dialup garbage... :bang:

nope it's only 'function' is to make the car look better :D ...just like the rest of the traditional Mustang styling cues...

realistically a functional hood scoop for the current V-8 Mustang wouldn't (or shouldn't) be in the center of the hood; it should be offset kinda like the original SVO 4 cyl Mustangs...and unless somebody was willing to raise the scoop opening up a few at least a few inches above the hood line it wouldn't be significantly better than picking up cold air from the fender well or some place like that anyway...

• Sponsors (?)

mransr said:
nope it's only 'function' is to make the car look better :D ...just like the rest of the traditional Mustang styling cues...

realistically a functional hood scoop for the current V-8 Mustang wouldn't (or shouldn't) be in the center of the hood; it should be offset kinda like the original SVO 4 cyl Mustangs...and unless somebody was willing to raise the scoop opening up a few at least a few inches above the hood line it wouldn't be significantly better than picking up cold air from the fender well or some place like that anyway...

Dont knowif somebody ever put an opening for air on the passenger fender to let air in the fenderwell to the air filter, especially if the air filter is in that place. It may be kind of ricer but i was woundering.

I was going to do the shaker system , but in the end I decided to save the cash and go with a supercharger , light bar , lowering spring's & a Cobra "R" hood (older style with out the little bump in the center) with just the vented 2" cowl in the center to help with heat issue's from the s/c.

My car look's alot like mransr's car but with black bullitt rim's with polished lip & no black strip on the hood. I might paint the center section (2" raised area) of the Cobra "R" hood black , but not sure yet.

Anyway if your really into doing the shaker I would spend the xtra $$ and pony up for the Karkraft with the orig. Mach 1 hood. Just my .02

Well here's my chime in, I've got the CDC shaker and I really like how it looks. Mine shakes quite a bit too, like every time I hit the gas. Yeah its essentially for aesthetics but at least its not ricer. I know that there aren't any other cars in my neck of the woods with it either, at least not that I've seen. The hood applique comes flat black so you don't necessarily have to paint it. I like it on my stang. Its a quality piece. I could care less what any mach guys think, I know my car now will blow 'em off the road.