Cervini Hood and Stripes

New Pics!! -- Cervini Hood and Stripes

Well I finally got my car back from paint. The hood is Cervini's Ram Air hood, and the stripes are 12" wide with about a 2" gap.

And just to clear up a couple of points....

Yes, the right stripe on the roof of my car is angled at the bottom. And yes, the right stripe on my spoiler is crooked.

I, along with my parents, have had several talks with the body shop about these issues and have gotten nowhere. So, we are considering what actions to take, but in the mean time I'm just trying to enjoy the overall look as much as possible. Oh yeah, don't mind the dirt, the wash job was the best I could do in the 40 degree April Wisconsin weather...

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good.
I have been looking for a new hood for awhile.
I have the nonfunctional xenon scoop, and like the look.
I want function now though, since I added the C&L CAI.
I'm torn between the GTR ram air hood, or the Cervini's ram air hood that you have.

Question:
Have you driven your's in the rain, and do you notice any negative effects due to water running into the scoop and dropping onto your CAI?

this combo looks great. i am sorry that the shop had an issue with taping a straight line. there is no excuse as to why they wont fix the problem. hope all goes in your favor.

look at the bright side, nobody can tell the stripe is not perfect when you are going down the road! dont let it get to you too much. it can be fixed, even if it takes another shop to make it perfect.

it looks good!! :nice:

Yes, I have driven in the rain and there are not any negative affects that I could notice. However, the difference between the Cervini hood and the GTR hood, is that the GTR is a truly functional ram air hood because it directs the air from the scoops to the airbox/CAI location. With the Cervinis hood, it is only considered a semi-functional hood because the open scoops are just that - open. There is nothing to direct the air anywhere. Since you won't gain all that much from the ram air, I went for stylistic preference. I liked the Cervini hood better because its scoops were bigger, more pronounced, and meaner looking than the GTR's hood. Also, the Cervini hood just worked better with how I wanted my stripes to come out. Lastly, the fit and finish of the hood were superb!

Just stay away from Raymond's Auto Body in Cedarburg, WI. if you are looking to have your car painted.

bleedingvayneAD said:
Can't you just click on the thumbnails? That works for me. I'll try to just resize the pics and post them directly on the site here.
they are back up. like i said, i think it was a problem with the host site.

OHHH, cool.

I'm personally happy with the way it turned out. If I did just stripes, which I was originally going to do, then I think it would have just been yet another striped '05 mustang. Also, in my personal opinion, the Cervini hood is ugly. Yet, with the stripes it just simply isn't ugly anymore. The hood is so big that it sort of looks awkwardly big in pictures, but in real life I can't begin to describe how mean it really looks - especially with the stripes going right through the scoops!

It looks very nice, to me! And bigcat is right; I wouldn't have noticed those stripe issues had you not mentioned them. However, I understand not wanting to be taken advantage of, and if it's bothering you, you should get the shop to make it right, somehow.
However, if it's not that big of a deal to you, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Either way, you have a nice looking ride! :)