Fox Changes

Onefine88

Previously 89SSC18
10 Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
Its been raining ALOT in GA. Seems like I'll never be able to get the vert out to play. LOL
So, I today I tinkered in the garage and made a couple slight appearance changes to the front end. I decided to remove and paint my little grill Pony trim black. I also decided to remove the fog lights, brackets and lower support. Then I installed some custom made screens on the back side of the holes to complete the look. I had already painted the inside of the holes trim black a few months ago.
Yeah I'm Bored. LOL
Before:
IMG_20140311_160801_872-1.jpg

After:
IMG_20150418_183528_737-1 (2).jpg

Sorry for the bad pic quality on the latter. Its raining. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

FWIW.. I don't like either change (as in I liked the before pix better).. But hey, it's your beast and if you like it, I'm certainly not gonna criticise. I'm happy to tell you what I like and don't like, but who cares what I think? Especially now that I have a clue what's happening under the hood. It rocks! Just hope you get some sunshine and weather to get that roof down and enjoy air.

With the fog lights gone you could build some kind of ram air with tubes down to the holes. I had a 85 someone put a 93 front on and the dual snorkels ran to the lights, you could feel the air getting sucked in.

Hey, its not for everyone. If we all liked the same, all our cars would be identical. What fun is that?

Anyway, it took 30 minutes to remove the fogs. At some point when I want them back It'll be just as easy to reinstall them. LOL

But for now, I likey

I have been thinking of fabbing up some brake cooling ducts for the front brakes for some time. What a perfect source for fresh air to the front brakes.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, its not for everyone. If we all liked the same, all our cars would be identical. What fun is that?

Anyway, it took 30 minutes to remove the fogs. At some point when I want them back It'll be just as easy to reinstall them. LOL

But for now, I likey

I have been thinking of fabbing up some brake cooling ducts for the front brakes for some time. What a perfect source for fresh air to the front brakes.
I understand what the others said but I don't mind it and the brake idea sounds awesome.

Thanks! I'm not done with my cosmetic "changes" yet. Probably gonna hurt some more feelings. LOL
I took my cheezgraters off today. I'm taking them to work with me tomorrow. We're gonna put them in the spraybooth and lightly smoke the lenses with tinted clear.
Then Tuesday I've gotta tape up allll those little lenses and paint the housings Trim Black.

Should result in a darker, meaner looking back end.:cool:

Reactions: 1 user
Have you considered swapping for LX tails? I think they look 10x better than the cheese graters.
Oh yeah, I followed that fad 15 years ago and installed the LX lenses "just like everyone else".. I pulled them back off and re-installed my cheezgraters a couple years ago. I seem to like a Cheezgrater GT these days.
Now I'm gonna add a new "kick" to them and see what they look like. I work at a Paint and Body shop and have been painting cars and parts for 30 years so this is all pretty simple for me. Its gonna look good.
Trust me!

I'll post a pic later in the week.

I've been busy at work but made a little progress on my cheezgraters this week. I got them tinted and recleared earlier in the week. Didn't go super dark with the lenses because their gonna appear plenty dark enough with the casings painted black.
I waited a few days for the clear to cure and taped them up today. I'll get them back in the booth on Monday for the trim black finish.
You can see the color difference in the first pic.
tinted tails.jpg
taped.jpg