cheap/good brake upgrades ????

2003gt

Apr 27, 2003
Brandon, MS
think i should do a bullitt conversion, or just get good brake pads and new rotors ???

or any other suggestions

i'm an autox er.........and need to stop quick, but don't want to put alot of money into the brakes......so i need a good setup, but not drastic !

thanks

-Dustin

• Sponsors (?)

Well you can get the bullitt kit for abour 400 bucks, or you can buy pads, and rotors, and stainless brake lines for about the same cost. If it were me, Id up the rotors to the Cobra 13 inchers (same as bullitt). Also spend the extra money for the stainless brake lines.

madmatt said:
Well you can get the bullitt kit for abour 400 bucks, or you can buy pads, and rotors, and stainless brake lines for about the same cost. If it were me, Id up the rotors to the Cobra 13 inchers (same as bullitt). Also spend the extra money for the stainless brake lines.

so, just buy 13inch cobra rotors and the bullitt calipers ?

sorry, i don't know that much about brakes

Go ahead and do the 13' brake upgrade and then get stainless steel lines and EBC/Hawk pads.

I just put stainless steel lines and EBC "greenstuff" pads on and damn it made a difference. Stops on a dime for only 200 bucks!

Get the kit, that way you have everything you need. If you are going to the trouble of changing the brake system make sure you go 13" rotors and the best calipers you can afford. When it comed to brakes you don't want to go cheap here.

I did the Brembo kit up front and Bear 13" rotor conversion in the back, not the cheapest but it works awsome.

Donw35 said:
I did the Brembo kit up front and Bear 13" rotor conversion in the back, not the cheapest but it works awsome.

Any pictures of the baer 13" rear kit? I was thinking of buying it myself, but holding off for now. Curious to see how it looks out back with a big meaty 13" rotor