Cheap mods

'O4Mach1

May 8, 2004
Alaska
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and to the world of mustang ownership...I just got an Yellow '04 Mach 1. My brother has a '00 Trans AM WS6 and he blew me away when we first went to the track, and I was wondering what are some low to mid-range cost mods that I can do to make me run closer to him...I ran on the dyno and got 291hp and he got 330...What can I do to keep up???? Thanks for the help guys!

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='O4Mach1]Hey guys, I'm new to the site and to the world of mustang ownership...I just got an Yellow '04 Mach 1. My brother has a '00 Trans AM WS6 and he blew me away when we first went to the track, and I was wondering what are some low to mid-range cost mods that I can do to make me run closer to him...I ran on the dyno and got 291hp and he got 330...What can I do to keep up???? Thanks for the help guys![/QUOTE]

I take it his Trans Am isnt stock ?

Anyhow, cheap mods are as follows:

K&N air filter : approx. 50 bucks
Steeda u/d pullies: approx 160 bucks
Sub-frame connectors(full length): approx 120-150 bucks
Empty trunk: Free
Gears(anything less than 4.10's in a Mach 1 is a waste): approx. 135-150 bucks. www.stangstore.com or Randy Stinchcomb over at www.modulardepot.com

Thanks guys....I was wondering if anyone knew what most of the Machs were getting on the dyno stock? I hear that mine is a freak, but I don't really know, I am about the only Mach 1 in Oklahoma so I have no one to compare with...The only thing people around here drive is old chevy trucks and Dodge Neon with body kits and lights underneath. (which both, acoording to these guys, give you horsepower and torque in the higher rpms) :rlaugh: And I love it how the ricer guys forget to paint their body kits before they put them on so you have a green neon with a flat white body kit...These dudes are morons...